Why would I write a formal letter and not send an email?
- Business letters are formal communications usually directed to or from a senior person about weighty issues with potentially serious ramifications for the business - and possibly even your career.
- A business letter commits the company - and you as the writer - to whatever content you include in it.
- A business letter is often written as the concluding correspondence with the final outcome to a negotiation, discussion or series of emails.
How do I write a business letter?
- Business letters often have a set format or template which has been approved by management.
- Business letters must be well organized and well written, to the point yet polite, never long-winded, condescending or high-handed.
- Business letters are usually written in a more formal style of language and sentence structure.
- Business letters usually include the signature of the writer at the end - in effect creating a contract between the business (as represented by the writer) and the recipient.
What are the benefits of having excellent business writing skills?
- Create an excellent first impression.
- Get the intended meaning across first time.
- Reduce misunderstandings.
- Enhance your marketability.
- Well developed business writing skills lead to a congenial workplace as well as better employment opportunities, promotions and successes for you.
This course will teach you the impact of well chosen words on prominent business contacts. Attention to tone, content, grammar and sentence structure is of the greatest importance when writing that all important formal business letter.
LIVE HELP: If you’d like to get help or have any queries, just send an email to schedule a SKYPE call with John WriteSmarter.
DON"T DELAY - ENROL TODAY!
“Thank you so much for your feedback and all your wonderful help these last eight months. Thank you for all the positive comments, and detailed help.” Johanni Ackermann
"I'm pleased that you are so exacting and precise in your commentary." Tamarinda Schreuder
"The course has opened my eyes to things I never even considered before. It helped my writing 100 percent." Monique Majendie
"Thank you so much, it is like a light bulb switching on." Tracy-Lee Eckstein
"I appreciate your comments and advice. This course is the best thing I could ever have invested in!" Angela van Druten
"I appreciate the feedback so much. Now I'm really glad that I signed up for this course." Abongile Tyopo
"The feedback is both positive and constructive." Chris Asals
"I have learned a great deal about writing and I appreciate all your help." Anthony Southby
"Thank you for the detailed feedback. I can feel the growth even as I write this." Themba Ntuli
"I feel that I have found someone who can help me shift my writing to the next level." Michelle Bode
"I was battling to set a proper scene. Your story writing course is just what I needed." Leon Steyn
"I implemented the changes you recommended and you were so right." Coleen Kennedy
"It is wonderful having a mentor to guide me and make suggestions. I never want this course to end." Geoff Erasmus
"I really enjoyed this module. It was a lot to take in but I learned so much." Ntombi Langa
"It feels as if my brain has been kick-started." Mariska Heyns
"Just finished reading through your comments. It's good to feel your guidance and support." Suzel Pilou
"Thank you so much for helping me get closer to my dream." Brigitte Kearns
"I was amazed at how 'punchy' some of the paragraphs became after you altered them!" Costa Pantazis
"You won't believe what an awesome time I had doing this course." Mariki Naude
"I have not had this much fun in years." Brigitte Kearns
"It is the best money I have ever spent." Vicki Smith